Brand Strategist – Director
Position: Brand Strategist – Director
Manager: COO and Co-Founder
Location: 291 Edgewood St. Alexandria, TN 37012 USA.
Status: Full-time – Monday to Friday
Direct reports: Graphics Team, Art Production Team, Design Team
Interfaces: Snr Executive Team, Digital & Performance Marketing Team, R&D Team,
Date: January 2017 , Updated June 2018.
The primary focus of this position is the lead member of the Brand team, to set the Brand strategies, and then drive the translation of those strategies into creative executions. You will direct and control the visual style and images presented within all aspects of the Brands – digital, environmental and print. You’ll serve as the creative strategist, designer, educator and consultant for all
Brand expressions, such as logos, supporting graphics, video, photography, illustrations, sales & marketing decks, signage elements, among other applications. It is a pivotal role that will address experiences as diverse across all product and customer groups across the entire business.
The duties involved in this role include:
- Lead strategic conversations that help rethink and reimagine the way we develop our brands with people in the world today.
- Draw on many different sources of insight and knowledge to weave together a strong creative concept and narrative for each of our brands.
- Develop insight-driven creative briefs that inspire the best work possible.
- Work closely and productively with internal and external creative teams to ensure strategic communications and brand alignment while supporting creative impact.
- Build relationships and insight from people in a variety of different disciplines across the global beauty industry.
- Build out planning best practices and processes in New Product Development and deliver to market from end to end
- Develop professional equipment and product ranges from concepts, design and implement into market.
- Work effectively within a collaborative environment to achieve great things and products
Examples of work to be performed:
- Collaborates in establishing and evolving the creative vision, strategy and governance for the brands
- Creates concepts and executes designs for key communications; collaborates with content producers to ensure business objectives have been met with the proper tone, messaging and visual
- Manages in-house, freelance and/or agency designers, art directors and photographers to develop marketing, and other creative projects
- Presents work to a wide range of internal and external audiences in a clear, professional manner through creating innovative presentations and sales decks
- Creates, promotes and delivers the value of user-centric design and improve the quality and quantity of brand-supportive creative work
- Develops and maintains brand guidelines, assets, resources and training systems
- Reviews and approves special project creative expressions and identity applications, including the use/application of licensed marks
- Engages in brainstorming and review sessions to inform visual strategies and constructive design critiques
- Actively collaborates with leadership and staff throughout the global business to improve the quality and coherence of brand standards, their application and assets
- Establishes brand-related benchmarks that support organizational strategy and goals, monitors and measures progress
- Directs key photography and videography shoots and printing of such material
- Provides day-to-day project management, brand development, design support and relationship management to ensure projects are completed efficiently, effectively and in full alignment with set strategy and goals
- Delivers product/projects on-time, on-budget and on-brand
- Keeps up with emerging trends in the beauty industry including branding, design, marketing and technology; looks for opportunities to implement additional strategies
As this role develops and manages the portfolio of the Groups Brands the position requires the following minimum education and experience:
- Bachelor Degree in Graphic Art or similar with 3 years experience managing a brand, and/or
- Diploma in Graphic Art with at least 10 years experience including;
- Developing and Managing a Brand Identity
- Managing and execution of advertising and promotional items
- Understanding of labelling compliance across global markets
- Development of brand identity in international markets including USA, Australia, UK, Asia and Europe
- Eye for detail in Copy Writing, particularly in packaging details such as marks and International registrations/requirements
- Proficient in the following software applications:
- Adobe Creative
Please forward your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 5pm 19th October 2018 Melb Australia time.
Notice of Labor Condition Application
Marque of Brands Americas LLC is seeking to employ one E-3 nonimmigrant in the occupational classification of “Advertising and Promotions Managers”. The wage range for this position is $91,686 to $120,000 per year. The period of employment covered by this application will be from 10/15/2018 until 10/14/2020. The location of the employment is 291 Edgewood Street, Alexandria, TN 37012, and the labor condition application is available for inspection at this location.
Complaints alleging misrepresentation of material facts in the labor condition application and/or failure to comply with the terms of the labor condition application may be filed with any office of the Wage and Hour Division of the United States Department of Labor.